Saturday 20 September 2014

Zentangle.Have you tried it?

 Zentangling is something I have recently discovered,The idea is that it is a form of relaxation and a kind of meditation.You are so involved in doing the patterns you don't think about anything else.I bought this book"One Zentangle a Day".It is a 6 week course in creative drawing for relaxation,inspiration and fun.
 First attempt.
 Second attempt.
you end up being able to do patterns like the one above.
Unfortunately I never seem to find time to do it every day.I am not artistic at all so this appealed to me.I have thoroughly enjoyed what I have done so far and intend as Autumn arrives to fit it into my daily routine.
Has anyone else had a go at this?

4 comments:

  1. I'd not heard of this book, or the idea of the drawings before now, but thank you for the introduction. I'll look into it.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is knew to me too, interesting though, as I'm not artistic either. Do post some more of your drawings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a brilliant idea. I have been trying to meditate everyday, most days I am getting at least 15 minutes in.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. An online friend of mine is into Zentangles, she has a blog about them here that you might like, http://stillchocolateannie.blogspot.co.uk/

    I do hope your husband is fully on the mend x

    ReplyDelete